One of the mysteries of mankind is the following question: Why do we eat when we are not hungry? Whether it’s boredom, anxiety, habit or just something to do, we all do it at some point. So what are your options to get you out of this funk before you are needing to buy a wardrobe 2 sizes larger? Here are my top 8 tips:
- Get out of the house. Go for a walk, library or mall. It is important to physically get away from food until the urge passes. It may be 20 minutes or an hour. The key is to change the environment that you are in before the bag of chips is gone
- Be the gatekeeper. Keep the foods you crave from entering your humble abode
- Brush your teeth. There is a good chance you won’t eat after you brush
- Do an activity such as knitting, a crossword puzzle or a game
- Meditation: Take some slow deep breathes for 2-3 minutes
- Have an apple… only
- Connect with a friend. A great conversation will take your mind off food
- Drink water with an appetite suppressing, metabolism boosting oil such as doTerra’s Slim and Sassy Essential Oil.
Slim and Sassy Metabolic Blend by doTerra
Why Slim and Sassy?
Slim & Sassy combines powerful essential oils known to promote a healthy metabolism when ingested. The flavorful blend of Slim & Sassy taken with water helps manage cravings throughout the day while supporting healthy metabolism in a natural way. Its flavor and aroma also promote a positive mood. Slim & Sassy contains Grapefruit, Lemon, Peppermint, Ginger, and Cinnamon. When taken internally with a healthy eating and exercise plan, Slim & Sassy Metabolic Blend can help you reach your weight management goals.
• Add to water or tea and drink before working out for a revitalizing boost.
• Consume with water before meals to help control appetite and overeating.
• Take internally as a part of a healthy weight management program.