Have you ever woken up in the morning and said to yourself, I NEED TO GET INTO SHAPE! I am going to do it now. Only problem is you don’t know where to start. Don’t worry we have all done this 5, 10 15…50 times and each time we do it, we say this time I am going to stick to it. Each time you try, you find a new diet plan, company, shake… because the last one didn’t work.
Usually it isn’t the diet that is the problem, it is the way we follow it. In order to get it right, it is critical to follow these steps first:
- Get educated: Know how you are going to do it
- Get Inspired: Know why you want to get in shape
- Support: Get others to help you along the way
Here are my top 14 tips to live by:
- Be specific with your goals.
- Write your goals down
- Focus more on the habit, less on the goal
- Do it everyday
- Understand that Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Set a reasonable goal date to keep you motivated and accountable.
- Keep your eyes on the prize
- Identify your pitfalls
- Clean up your diet. Don’t go too drastic
- Follow the 80/20 rule. This means you only need to stick to your plan 80% of the time.
- Start with the sugar control diet or 21 day fast track diet
- Find an activity that makes you happy and do it all of the time
- Now if you want specific direction on weight lifting, weight loss, or muscle building, speak to an expert on nutrition and fitness
- Love what you eat, love the exercise you choose and most of all love the way you feel when you take action everyday
What’s your Why? Why do you want to get in shape?
Is it to play with your grandchildren? Go on an adventure holiday? Have the ability to fulfill your bucket list? Look great in a pair of jeans?
Don’t listen to any of the skeptics out there… you can do it! You deserve to feel better and to have a better life.
Write your goals down and read it all the time.
The truth is, it will never be easy unless you have the motivation to succeed and the follow through to go for it. Having a clear reason to get in shape and reminding yourself of it everyday is the most powerful motivational tool you can have.
Changing unhealthy habits is not easy. There will be crappy days. Everyone needs support. Make it public and talk to people with similar goals to you. Join our FB group DEEDs. Here you will find the support you are looking for.
Now it’s time to get going: Why not try my 30/60/or 90 day challenge? Book a free consult with me and find out which one is right for you.