Beyond being healthy, if your goal is to slim down, and you are “seemingly doing everything right”, a lack of progress in the fat loss department can be demoralizing. I help people troubleshoot, but please understand that fat loss is multi-factorial. There are 6 Foundations of Health that we need to examine to understand why you can’t lose weight.
This is why having an individualized program designed just for you is invaluable.
But first, you need to start with troubleshooting your fat loss troubles…
- You don’t eat real food –
- Sign up for my newsletter and receive my “21 Day Fast Track Diet” to get a complete guide of what real food is.
- You consume way more sugar than you think you do. If you crave sugar often, then it’s time to shut down your sugar cravings.
- You don’t move your body enough. We all sit to much and it has had a detrimental effect on our health. We need to schedule our movement. Take action.
- You don’t sleep well enough or long enough. Did you know that poor sleep manipulates your hormones and makes you feel hungrier?
- You are unaware of how much you actually eat. Keeping a food journal is a great way to know for sure. Check out the “21 Day Fast Track Diet“.
- You are leptin resistant. Leptin is your hormone that tells you that you have had enough to eat. This is a much more common problem than you think.
- You do too much cardio. Walking and doing the right kind or weight training can give you optimal results. However if you haven’t had enough sleep, skip the workout.
- You have an undiagnosed thyroid issue. Part of the function of the thyroid is to control metabolism. If the thyroid is under performing (hypothyroid), your metabolic rate can decline. If you suspect that this could be a cause then consult your physician and have it tested.
- You are under way too much stress. We are all under way too much stress. It is the number one destroyer of our health. And in terms of losing body fat, disordered cortisol (our stress hormone) levels are a huge barrier to that. Cortisol rives up blood sugar and can make fat loss more difficult. While it’s a hugely helpful hormone, it’s detrimental when it’s constantly elevated. Today’s society, combined with the pressure you place on yourself, can easily cause your cortisol to rise. There are so many great ways to reduce stress. Mostly fun? Why not take a holiday?
- Your gut isn’t healthy. Hipocrates said “All disease begins in the gut”. This quote is actually from 300 BC. This is still true today. Your gut protects your body from foreign invaders, it houses your immune system, it impacts your metabolism, and it’s intricately liked to mental heath.
- You are not using the right supplements.
For a free individualized nutrition consultation, connect with me at theresa@theresamoloney or call me at (705) 772-6346.