Here are 8 reasons to sweat for your health:
- Sweat glands help heal wounds. It’s your body’s natural ointment
- It helps our bodies release toxins. This is in the form of excess salt, cholesterol and alcohol. This means that a sweaty workout can help get rid of bloating and help clean clogged arteries.
- Sweating as an antibiotic. We actually have antibiotic like agents secreted in our sweat glands that efficiently kill invaders.
- It keeps our kidneys healthy. Sweating during exercise causes the body to need more hydration which in turn keeps the kidneys flushed
- It helps to get rid of dangerous pollutants. Our sweat glands can efficiently eliminate BPA from our system.
- Sweating makes you happy. In addition to exercise, more endorphins are being released when you sweat during activity.
- Sweating is a great acne fighter. By opening up your pours, the perspiration helps us release the grit that holds bacteria which leads to zits.
- Helps regulate body temperature effectively.
If you find that you don’t sweat much during exercise, some “Sweat inducers” include saunas, hot yoga, and body wraps. I like doTerra’s DIY body wrap.
To sweat or not to sweat? For our health, the answer is definitely to sweat