Getting Moms and Families Excited About Exercise.
Exercise is one if the most effective ways to improve your mental health in areas such as depression, anxiety, ADHD and more. It will also reduce your stress levels, help your memory, allow you to sleep better and put you in a great mood. It doesn’t take much but what you need is consistency.
If this seems impossible in your family’s daily schedule, try my 6 sure fire ways to get your family moving again.
Theresa’s 6 Tips:
- Start small – forming a habit comes first and if exercise does not seem doable then it will be “Don’table”. Have everyone commit to 15 minutes of low impact exercise to start.
- Schedule your exercise during the time of day when your energy is high. This may be different for every family member. Find out the best time for each family member.
- Focus on activities that each person enjoys. I hate to jog, but I love to walk my dog, so that’s what I do.
- Wear clothes that are comfortable. Having a good quality pair of running shoes is a must.
- Reward yourself. How about a nice bubble bath, a smoothie or an episode of your favourite TV show?
- Workout with a friend. Working out with someone can help keep you committed to the routine and the companion ship can definitely help keep your moods lifted and depression at bay.