So this is a big turkey week end with many indulgences. When you have been sticking to a sound nutrition plan, this can be quite stressful for a lot of people who have been working hard to keep unhealthy food at bay. Are you one of those people? I have to admit I totally am. I like to overindulge in the food department and then I feel crappy for the next 3 days. Is this you? Well if it is, congratulations! You are human. We all do this. We live in a generation where unhealthy food is all around us. Let’s face it, eating right all of the time is a struggle for most of us. So here’s a thought… Let’s not try to be perfect, let’s aim for pretty good. Why not overeat just enough so that we feel a bit bloated tonight but we feel great tomorrow?
Here are 12 great tips for healthy celebration eating:
– Go for a long walk in the morning. Get a head start in burning calories.
– Drink lots of water all day long
– Limit alcohol to 2 glasses
– Fat load. That’s right…. fat will slow down absorption, make your food taste really good and give you maximum satiation!
– Pick salty foods over sweet.
– Try not to hover over the food that you tend to overeat.
– Stay out of the kitchen…. help with the dishes after dinner.
– Bring a raw vege dip and put a spoonful of dip on your plate. That way, you will know how much you have had.
– Stay away from bread.
– Have more protein and just a tiny scoop of potatoes.
– Have a protein shake just before you leave.
– Pick your favourite desert and enjoy it.
If you weigh yourself tomorrow and you are 4 pounds heavier, remember this is not body fat, it is water weight. There is no way you have eaten more than 10,000 calories in one day. Three days of clean eating and you are back on track.
Eating healthier at celebrations can be much easier when you have the right strategy!